Wednesday, May 30, 2018

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, I changed the name of my blog to "Wholeness and Resurrection."  I was tired of "Phillip's Fillups" and thought a more lofty and pertinent title would be apt.  I'm not sure who'll see since I'm a troglodyte when it comes to setting up this sort of thing.  But I succeeded in changing the title at least!  Woo Hoo!

I'll say why the change now.  I was asked last winter to lead a men's retreat for a colleague's parish (she's a woman and thought a man should lead it).  So, it was held on May 12 and five men from her parish showed up.  There were to have been six, but one had to work that day, a Saturday.  Earlier, my colleague Esme had asked me for a title for the event.  I scratched my head to come up with something that would sound halfway decent, and came up with Wholeness and Resurrection.  It was with much fear and trepidation that I got together some things for the day, with much help from my dear friend Frank Dunn and others.  Maybe it succeeded, as the feedback I got from Esme was that the men who came enjoyed it and want to do it again, maybe annually.  That blew me away!  I went away from the day relieved that I got through it without putting the men to sleep, but we did spend a lot of time telling our stories to one another, stories about our experiences with wholeness (and brokenness) and resurrection (and death).

So, perhaps this new title will attract some readers along the line, who knows?  

No comments:

Post a Comment